Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Surviving Spring Break

We are now ending our week off from school for Spring Break.  I have to admit this week hasn't been bad and we've been doing much better than just surviving.  In fact, I never even started the countdown to how much longer we have until the kiddos are back in school.  Yes, we are doing that good!

The kids and I had a wonderful treat when Jeff took Wednesday off from work and spent the day with us.  We decided to go to the Children's Museum in Richmond.  I had heard great things about this museum and was curious to check it out. 



The kids had fun; Samantha more than Ian.  She was running from one exhibit to another and was very happy to be able to touch, explore and play with everything.  Ian had a great time too, but I think the experience would have been more fulfilling for him if he had a friend his own age with him.  I give Ian credit for jumping in and playing with the other kids at the museum.

Ian was in the "grocery store" and standing behind the register, checking out the shoppers with their groceries.  It was very cute and I had to laugh at this exchange:

A girl comes up with her grocery cart filled to the rim with play food.  It was crazy full and she was having a hard time even pushing the cart to Ian's station.  Ian starts helping her take out all the food, one by one and scanning it.  After about 5 minutes, Ian says to the girl, "Wow, you have a lot of food."  The girl (about 5 or 6 years old) replies, "It's for my kids."  Ian then says, "OH MY, Your kids eat a lot!!!".   It was hilarious.  Then Ian gets done scanning all her food and looks at this huge pile stacked on his counter not sure what to do next.  So he helps her take the food and put it back in the grocery cart, but this time it is not all fitting and keeps falling all over the place.  Honestly, I think this "shopper" was a little too high maintenance and I am sure Ian was wishing he was operating an express 10 items or less lane.

Now that's a lot of groceries!

Ian is not sure how much more he can take and he is trying so hard to be nice.

Always has a smile on his face!
The children's museum was all on one floor. We were able to time our arrival and departure to miss rush hour traffic on I-95 and still have plenty of time in the museum. The museum is small enough to not feel overwhelmed or that you were going to miss something. But it also offered a nice variety of stuff to play with and explore. I was pleasantly surprised to see it also had a fenced-in outdoor area full of more stuff for the kids to do.

Sam picking apples from the orchard


Sunny side-up, please.


So here is the oddest thing I've seen in a long time.  Part of the pretend food was Matzo.  Really.  How random is that?  Given that it is the middle of Passover, I am around Matzo all the time and readily recognized it.  But, you would think that the majority of the kids would have no idea what it is.  Wow. This sort of made me stop and wonder, could this be some other type of food and I've got Matzo on the brain right now?  No, it doesn't look like anything else.

Here is a picture of it.  I wonder if it is gluten-free like mine at home.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment