Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Lovin' the big Mouse!

And, no I am not talking about Mickey.  I am all about the "other" mouse, Chuck E. Cheese.  The last day of Spring Break was a rainy, dreary day and what better place to spend it than Chuck E. Cheese.  And not just any Chuck E. Cheese, but my most favorite location, the one in Herndon. 

We are lucky enough to have a Chuck E. Cheese within a 15 minute drive from Burke, but I will always prefer the 35 minute drive to the one in Herndon.  Why, you ask?  Ah, easy peezy to answer!  It doesn't get as crowded, the layout of the games and booths is well thought out, it is much cleaner than the one in Fairfax (or at least feels like this), and there is so much more room to spread out.  We always arrive at 10:00am and it takes until 12:30pm before any kind of crowd shows up.  By this point, the kids have had a blast and are ready to leave, with tummies full of pizza, of course!

I feel like the scales have finally tipped in favor of the mommies during this last visit.  We've officially become "those" moms. You know what I am talking about, the ones who can sit down and enjoy a conversation while the kids go play.  You give them just enough tokens that they have to come back frequently for more.  Plus, since it is practically deserted when we go, you can see the big kids playing clear across the room and keep an eye on them.  And now the little ones are able to operate all the games/rides themselves.  They loved having their own cup of tokens and had a wonderful time playing without us (the mommies) getting in their way.

Ah, we've hit Chuck E. Cheese nirvana.  Most moms hate this place, but I am not sure why.  I think they just need to come hang with me on our next outing to become a believer.  This place rocks!! 

The 3 amigos (James, Henry and Ian)

"I love Barney so much"  Sam spent 30 minutes on this ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment