Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cool.

I remember just a day after Ian was born, it was my mom and me in the hospital room hanging out.  We were in awe of this little life that had been created and couldn't stop looking at him.  We began dreaming out loud our plans for Ian.  We were determined that this child was not going to grow up to be a dork and in no way, was going to do anything that would get him made fun of by the other kids.  We quickly came up with a list of things that would guarantee him to be one of the 'cool' kids.

1. He's got a great name.  Ian.  It's not like we named him Stanley or Hubert.
2. Make sure he always has a stylish haircut.  No mullet or something that looks like I did it myself.
3. If Ian ever needs glasses, Ian's glasses would look good for his face, or get him contacts or lasik if he wanted.
4. His clothes would be current.  Not necessarily trendy, but his clothing would never be the cause of something that could get made fun of.

There might have been one or two more items for the list, but I can't think of them at the moment.  I do know that when I see a really cool shirt, I have to get it for him.  Convincing Ian to wear it is another matter all together.  It sometimes takes a little bribery until he wears it that first time to school and then everyone tells him how cool his shirt is.  After that, there is no convincing or bribes needed for Ian to wear the shirt again. 

Exhibit A.  How great is this shirt? 


There aren't that many great boys clothes out there.  When you see something this good, you've got to jump on it and get it.  I think this is my most favorite item of Ian's clothing.  Now I just need to tell him that it's not necessary to have the buttons all done up to the top.  Just because you now know how to button something, you don't have to do take it to the extreme. It's just not cool.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment