Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Take a look at me now!

We've lived in our house going on 8 years.  About a month ago, my eyes opened for the first time and I noticed what Jeff & I had created in the family room.  A mess of wires coming from the tv, a dated looking fireplace and ugly media components on an even uglier shelf.   Then the wii entered our life 3 years ago and the mess got messier. I hate clutter!

Before:

The overall look.

On the left side of the fireplace -- DVD player,
Fios DVR, wireless router, external hard drive, phone

On the left side of the fireplace - the wii,
all the controllers, and about 25 wii games
AFTER:


The new overall look!

Fireplace is now painted white!  Check out the
black trim around the fireplace -- no more ugly brass.

Nothing on the left side of the fireplace. 
Whoo-hoo!

Right side of the fireplace -- new media cabinet that holds
all the stuff -- Fios DVR, DVD player, wii, wireless router,
and external hard drive.  In the side cabinets are all the wii games,
and controllers.  On top sits the phone.

All the wires/cables are hidden as best as possible without doing
 a lot of damage to the fireplace or the wall. 

I came up with an idea to do a layer of fake bricks to hide
the cables behind.  They are painted white to blend with the
other bricks.


I put my pictures of Bailey back in the same place to hide
the cables coming out from the holes.



The view from far away.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment