Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Camera Fun!

I got a new camera.  I was tired of how washed-out looking the pictures were with my old camera.  And it was time to see how technology has improved over the years.  I think I am going on 4 years with my old camera.    As much as I love the idea of a DSLR, I really wanted one that I could keep in my purse and take out on a whim.  I am pretty sure I take more pictures than anyone else I know, and always like to have a camera ready to go.  I wanted a point and shoot type camera, but it had to take amazing photos, indoors and out. I researched a bunch of cameras and settled on one that CNET gave an "Excellent" rating to. 

This is it!

Sony Cybershot DSC-HX30V


Check out the size of lens!!

So the camera has a wireless component that will send photos to my computer without any cables.  This only took a 59 minute call with Sony's customer service to figure out why I couldn't do it with mine.  And, no, it had nothing to do with our computer's firewall.  But once I got it working, it has been a breeze to do ever since and is a really cool feature.  The other thing it can do is send photos to my iPhone.  This way, you can post to FB, email, etc.   This only took a 25 minute call to Sony's customer service to figure out.  But again, now that I can do it, I can keep doing it easily.   All the other settings/features, I've been pretty good about figuring out. 

I haven't mentioned Heather in a while...here's a picture with her and her
two youngest.  This is a great example of an indoor picture, with normal lighting.
Love it!



An action shot.

Self-timer.  What a beautiful picture! 

The camera takes amazing pictures.  It works well in any kind of situation.  I love it!  We have a beach trip coming up and I can't wait to see how the pictures turn out. I am very happy I took the plunge and got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment