Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Warning.


The other day, a friend asked me how Samantha was doing.  She knew all I had been through and was wanting an update to see if Sam's temperament and all her many issues have gotten any easier to live with. 

Yes, for the most part, Sam is a lot easier to be around.  She is now charming and funny more times than not.  She is caring and demonstrates her capacity to love us daily.  Sam still has her moments, but I am pleased with where we are at and repeatedly get excited over having a girl to do all the mother/daughter things I dreamed I'd be able to do.

So, when it came time to answer my friend with how Sam is doing, I summed it up best as this,

"There is going to come a day when a boyfriend tries to break up with her.  I envision the conversation will go something like this -

The Boy Sam is dating:  "Samantha, it's not working out.  I no longer have the feelings I once had.  I want to break up."

Sam, in a calm voice replying back:  "No, we aren't breaking up.  I'll let you know when we break up.  This isn't it."  

I really think this sums Sam up best.  She is in control.  She will not be messed with. And it will be on her terms. 

Gosh, I am madly in love with my little girl.  She is beyond brilliant and knows exactly how to get her point across loud and clear.  It takes a lot of energy and forethought if there is any chance of outsmarting her. 

G-d help her future boyfriends.  They have no idea what they are in store for.

No comments:

Post a Comment