Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

I heart Honda

Numbers displayed in the photo are real, not made-up.

Does anyone buy a car thinking that they will see it turn 160k?  I sure didn't.  Maybe 75,000, 100,00 tops,  but certainly not 160,000.   As long as my 2002 Honda CR-V will have me, we will have it.  These cars are built to last.  And since the likelihood that a pile of cash will not become available to get me a new car, I am now taking bets to see how high the mileage will be when Ian learns to drive on it.  I could see Ian sitting behind the wheel, navigating the streets of Burke. 

I drove the car off the lot with exactly 4 miles on the odometer, back on January 18, 2002.  It was a very exciting day for me as I never had a brand new car before, nor had bought one completely on my own.  I enjoyed inhaling that new car smell each day I got behind the wheel.  I think that smell lasted for at least a month, if not more. 

Fast forward close to 11 years later, and we are still going strong together.  I only take my car to be serviced at the Honda dealer I bought it at.  They are good to me and know that when I have a kid or two by my side, I need to get in and out quick. I have followed their recommendations for all scheduled maintenance and love the fact that I can trust my car on long road trips to get me where I need to go.

I will never own another car other than Hondas.  My dream car is the Acura MDX (Acura is made by Honda), but will settle for a Honda Pilot if given the chance, any chance to get a new car.  And by the time I am getting a new car, it will have all the bells and whistles that it can come with, plus a few others they haven't thought of yet.  Because, as experienced by me, once it becomes part of our family, it can never leave.  I am just thankful that back in 2002, it was standard for my model car to have automatic windows, doors and a sunroof.

The only really good thing about having a car this up there in age is that every October, our personal property tax bill is something completely manageable.  It's not even scary opening the envelope to see what we owe.

Three cheers for Honda!

No comments:

Post a Comment