Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A gift that makes you chuckle.

So The Man gave me a Christmas gift.  He handed me an 8x12 envelope as I was getting ready to leave on Friday.  The note on the outside of the envelope said, "Do Not Open Until Christmas"  and "OPEN THIS LAST!!!".   Plus, there was a "Happy N.Y."  which I took to mean Happy New Year.  I guess he forgot that I don't celebrate Christmas.  When I reminded him, he said, "Oh yeah, just open it later than."   I told him I'd wait until Christmas; as I am not opposed to getting a Christmas present.

However, curiosity got the better of me and with my Toppall team as the audience, I opened the envelope on Saturday morning.  This is what was in it.

Money, money, money!! 

As a family we counted it together.  So. Much.  Fun.  How could it not be fun counting money, not knowing exactly how much there was going to be?

$100.  All in ones.  How very him of him.  That's The Man.  And that's his very quirky sense of humor.  I was touched by his generous gesture and his ability to do this all on his own!  In just one week, I will have been working for The Man for a full year.  He never fails to amuse me.  And, he never fails to drive me crazy.

I wish everyone who celebrates a very magical and merry Christmas.  Have a great holiday and enjoy being with your family or friends if that's what the day has in store for you.  Or, enjoy the quiet time and take a nice, long nap if you are celebrating solo.  Or, if you can get the best of both worlds, say hi to the family and friends and then leave the room to take nap.  Might be a bit rude to fall asleep right in front of them.  Better leave something to mystery on where you disappeared to.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment