Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Best. Day. Ever. !

Most weekdays I feel like a chicken with their head cut-off.  I am the "Time to make the donuts" man in the commercial.  I have to periodically look at my calendar hanging in the kitchen through out the day, to make sure I am where I need to be -- either picking up one of the kids, drop-off at a various after-school activity or any combination of things that need to happen on that specific day.

I am sure I spend more time in my car driving around than I do enjoying being at any given place.  That's just the way it goes and I am used to it.  I knew this school year would be a tough one.

Wednesday, November 20th stood out as an exceptional day.  Hands down this was the best day ever since the beginning of school.  It is hard to believe that it started off with a dentist appointment for each of the kids.

8:20am - Sam's dentist appointment

8:30am - Ian's dentist appointment

9:00am - Got Ian to school on time!  (Totally not expecting this to occur, as Ian's appointment was scheduled for 9:00am. They were able to get him in early!).

9:20am - Got Sam to school

9:45am to 11:30am - Worked for The Man

12:00pm - Early dismissal for Sam with the Thanksgiving holiday.

12:10pm - Went to lunch (at Einstein's Bagel) with Susanne/Ainsley, Anna/Ruby and Sam.

1:15pm - Arrived at Ruby's house to find out that Susanne was going to take the girls back to her house for an impromptu playdate.

1:40pm - Received a text from my friend Kelly asking if we'd like to meet at Sweet Frog (FroYo) after school.  Seriously? Could this day get any better!?!?! 

1:45pm - Pick Ian up from school (another early dismissal for the Thanksgiving holiday). 

2:00pm - Me and Ian met Kelly and her girls for frozen yogurt.

3:00pm - Took Ian to get a haircut.

4:15pm - Arrived at Sam's dance class -- met Sam there. :)

4:30pm to 5:00pm - Sam had dance class with her best buds.

6:00pm to 7:30pm - Went to Ledo's Pizza with Susanne and her kids, and Anna and her kids.  8 kids total, 3 moms....We are fearless like that.  Did I mention that Ledo's Pizza now has Gluten Free Pizza?  And it is super yummy!!

7:45pm - Arrive at Home.  Jeff puts the kids down.

Could this day have flowed any better?  I don't think so.  When I start to feel like I am getting overwhelmed needing to be in 3 places at once, I am going to think about this wonderful day and smile.

Sam was actually happy to be at the dentist!

Normally, it takes 3 technicians to hold Sam down while the dentist works as quickly as possible.  None of that was needed for this visit!  It was a beautiful thing how cooperative and happy Sam was during the whole visit.  Tears of joy were brought to my eyes.  Started the day off on a wonderful note.



Ian was a gem too!  We weren't the 'challenging' patients today!



No comments:

Post a Comment