Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My Gluten-Free Hero!

I am one of those rare birds who LOVES Passover foods.  Other than twizzlers, the biggest disappoint to me in having to go gluten-free was never getting to eat a Matzo Ball again.  Oy, the travesty!

Enter Stage Right:  My fabulous mother-in-law who has single-handedly brought back my long lost love and many other amazing gluten-free foods.   Jeff's mom lives in Pikesville (outside of Baltimore) and not too far from Seven Mile Market.  It is a one-stop shop for all your Kosher needs and a wonderland of Gluten-Free Passover foods.  They have EVERYTHING...panko crumbs, matzo meal, enough desserts to put you in a diabetic coma, noodles, matzo ball mix, and so much more!  All gluten-free!!   My mother-in-law called me frequently from the middle of the store, saying she felt like a kid in a candy store telling me all gluten-free offerings.  How wonderful of her to think of me, shop and stock-up on my behalf.

I am no longer in a matzo ball depraved world.  I actually don't even need the rest of the meal.  Just give me a big bowl of matzo ball soup and I am loving life.  Yum-O!  And let me tell you, these matzo balls are SCRUMPTIOUS!!

Passover may have come and gone, but I am one lucky duck who gets to enjoy these treats for the better part of a year.  It's good to be connected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment