Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My new favorite saying

Me to Sam:  I am tired of hearing you whine.  Go to your room.

I think I said this about a dozen times on Friday morning.  It has been working wonders.  Sam stomps up to her room, slams the door shut and takes a few minutes to calm down.

She then comes back downstairs, continues whining and I send her straight back up to her room.

Wash, rinse, repeat.


Jeff feels we can no longer call "whining" a phase.  It is now officially personality trait.  Fabulous! (said very sarcastically).   My friend has recently told me that your personality is fully formed by the time you are 5 years old.  Sam has less than one month to form this "whining" into something else.  I am not holding out any hope that it will turn into something magical.  I can not wait for that first kindergarten teacher-parent meeting next year. (again, said very sarcastically). 

No comments:

Post a Comment