Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I heart Jennifer Lawrence

I didn't realize what a HUGE Jennifer Lawrence fan I was until I saw the movie, "American Hustle."   She took a supporting role in the movie and stole every scene she was in. 

I didn't really know who Jennifer was before seeing her in "Hunger Games".  I was in awe of how well they took a larger-than-life story and translated it perfectly for the big screen.  The casting of Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen worked brilliantly.  She played that role exactly how I envisioned it when reading the story.  I loved everything about the movie, both the first "Hunger Games" and "Catching Fire."

The next time I took notice of Jennifer was in "Silver Linings Playbook".  What a great movie!  For this role she got the Academy Award.  How cool that someone so young was awarded the top prize in Hollywood.  There is a really cool moment when after the award show, Jennifer Lawrence is getting interviewed by one of the entertainment tv shows.  While she is being asked about how it feels to win, Jack Nicholson comes up to her, interrupts and congratulates her on the win.  After Jack walks away, Jennifer has this moment on air where she is visibly star-struck by Jack's presence.  In a very real person moment, she quietly freaks out and her mouth drops open.   Not realizing that Jack hasn't fully walked away, Jack taps her on her shoulder and Jennifer turns her head and sees him right there.  It makes her jump in her seat, shocked seeing him.  This moment is so down to earth and relatable.  It makes you love her even more.

Since the Academy Awards, Jennifer Lawrence has been quoted many times about how she won't lose weight to get a role; how she wants to portray only "fit", "healthy" women and send out a positive role model to girls.  And she has been known to go head-to-head with Joan Rivers for calling women "fat".   Got to love her, right?

I admit it, I have a girl crush.

No comments:

Post a Comment