Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Like DUH!!!!!

6 years ago we bought our refrigerator.  It's a side by side, not one of those newer fancy 'french door' kind with the freezer on the bottom.    It's been good to us and I have no complaints.

When the refrigerator was delivered I had a great time unwrapping the shrink wrap from all the drawers, baskets and shelves.  It was fun to set-up.  That's a sure sign you are getting old, when getting a new appliance puts a smile on your face.

Anyway, I felt like we were given one drawer with the shelf on top too many.  It didn't make sense to me to use it and I didn't remember seeing it on the display model at Sears when we purchased it.  I put the 'bonus' drawer in our shed and promptly forgot about it. 

Two weeks ago Ian goes to get something out of the bottom drawer in our fridge and inadvertently is very rough with pushing the drawer back in.  The plastic cracks and makes the sliding back and forth of the drawer on the track jagged.  I remembered the extra drawer we were given 6 years ago and retrieve it from our shed.  I'll just switch it out -- Voila!  Problem solved.

When I look at the drawer that was in storage and see what I am about to replace, I realize that this is not a duplicate piece.  Nope!  It was meant to be another drawer/shelf for inside the refrigerator.  I quickly raise the two shelves that are in there and make room for this drawer.  OMG!!  How cool is this!?!?!?   I can't believe all the extra space we have now.  It is quite remarkable the difference this extra drawer/shelf is making.   It is like a brand new refrigerator!



So I sort of feel like a complete dork! I was pregnant with Sam at the time so I am going to say this happened because of 'pregnancy brain'.   At least it was discovered and fixed while we can still enjoy it.  The comments from Jeff and the kids when they saw the "new" fridge layout was pretty funny. 

And it should be noted, I was successfully able to find the drawer that I still needed to replace on Amazon Prime!  It was here in 2 days.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment