Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Amazing Amazon

I am continually impressed with Amazon.com.  I ordered something the other day for Sam.  She loves arts and crafts and I thought I was ordering this kit with all these rolls of tape to create fun designs.  When it arrived, I realized it wasn't appropriate for a 6 year old and was actually intended for an adult.  I must've misread the description because only a book arrived and no fun rolls of colorful tape. 

I went onto Amazon's website and filled out the form to return the book.  Within 10 seconds I got a reply letting me know that since I was a valued customer to keep the book and do not send it back.  I was being credited the $14 for the return, but to not send the book back.

Wow!  It took me a minute or so for what I was reading to sink in.  So incredibly cool.  What a great company! Wouldn't it be wonderful if every retail store operated like this?

As my schedule gets more hectic these days, I rely on Amazon for pretty much everything.  It has almost replaced my trips to Target.  I love knowing that I can order and return things easily.  Love, love, love, Amazon!

I know there was an uproar a few months ago when Amazon announced it was increasing the cost of the Prime membership.  In my opinion, the cost for Prime could double and I'd still be convinced its one of the best deals around.

No comments:

Post a Comment