Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Heard and Observed #48

After dropping Ian off at gymnastics the other night, Sam and I made a quick trip to Target to pick up a few things.  One item I wanted to get was another package of underwear.  I want to make sure I have plenty of clean underwear available for my trip to Israel.  It is going to be VERY HOT and I will be sweating big-time!!   If I am at all able to change my clothes during the day, I will happily put on a fresh pair underwear.  Ok, this is probably TMI (too much information), but I wanted to give background on why I was in Target getting more underwear.  :)

Sam:   Ooooh, these look nice.  Get these.

Me:  Yes, they are very nice, but I like underwear with a little bit more coverage than that.

Sam, going to the opposite end of the spectrum and finding the biggest underwear anyone has ever seen.  (If I got these, they would be up to my neck).

Sam:  What about these?  They look like they will cover you.

Me:  Thanks Sam, but I'm not quite ready yet for those kind.  I think I found some I like.

Sam comes back to where I am standing looks at the package I have in my hands, sees the size I am getting (a 7) and finds a package of the same style in a size 8.

Sam:  Here mom, get the bigger size and then you can grow into them.

Me:  Um, thanks Sam.  But growing into larger underwear at my age is not really a good thing.

*******************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment