Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Zoodles!

I'm back in the kitchen creating another new dish.  This one takes my newfound healthy food craze to a whole new level.  Look out kids, I've transformed spaghetti into something amazing.

It has now been about 2 months of me making Zucchini noodles with my zoodle maker.  The kids and I can't get enough of them!  Funny enough, but the two times I've made them for the family, Jeff had a late night at the office and hasn't yet tasted this tasty concoction.  I would've given him a plate when he walked through the door, but the three of us devoured the HUGE amount I made for dinner.  I can't really be upset when the kids are eating tons and tons of zucchini.  This is some good stuff!

I basically have replaced regular pasta for zucchini.  The kids even know what I am doing and doesn't mind.  They are getting a kick out of it too. I take about 5 big sized zucchini's and shred them into spaghetti looking pieces.  I saute it in a pan with very little olive oil.  I add in some fresh, chopped onion and a can of Oregano, Basil, & Garlic Diced Tomatoes. I finish it with some extra spaghetti sauce to add a bit more sauce coverage.  The ingredients are all natural and doesn't have any added sugar.  When I make this for dinner and see my kids absolutely love eating it, I pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming.  I feel like I got it right; being a mom, finding healthy dishes to feed to my kids.  It clicks on nights like this and I my smile is a mile wide.  Plus, I have to admit, it's pretty darn tasty. 
Up close view of my zoodle maker -- Amazon Prime is the best!!

Check out all that zucchini goodness.

Ian's plate of zucchini noodles!  He ate all this and had seconds.
Woo-hoo!

I can't wait to see what I come up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment