Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Can I get that to go?

My dad and stepmother are currently enjoying themselves on a cruise.  When I heard they were leaving, I was instantly reminded of a very funny story that occurred during a vacation when the whole family got to go.

We were all gathered together, ready to leave.  We were just waiting for Lori to meet up with us.  My dad calls Lori to see where she is.  We don't here what she says to dad on the phone, but we do hear my dad's side of the conversation. 

Dad:  Lori, where are you?

Lori: -------

Dad:  Well can't Robyn pick that up for you?

Lori:  ------

Dad: Ok, we are ready to go when you get here. 

It turns out that Lori told my dad she was getting waxed.  Hahahahaha.  Um, no.  I can't pick that up for her.

This is one of those inside stories that keeps making its way into conversation.  Whenever I speak with Lori and we hear the other is getting waxed, we joke "How about you just pick that up for me?"

Gosh, I love my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment