Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

One less thing to do.


I am not doing a holiday card this year.  There I’ve said it.  And since I’ve written it down for everyone to read, I will not go back on my word.  Nope, no holiday card.  I’m just not feeling it. 

The idea of taking photos of the kids and us as a family that I really like sounds painful.  Have you seen my family when they are less than cooperative?  It’s not pretty, I will tell you that.  Picking out a card style that isn’t too Christmasy seems like more trouble than its worth.  I will look at hundreds and hundreds of cards on various websites before I find the one I like best.  Getting the address list made into labels is just not something I have an extra evening to mess around doing. People need to stop moving!  And finally, getting it all together and put in the mail makes me want go to bed early and hide.  All of it sounds too exhausting. 

I am on holiday card strike this year.  I am making my life less complicated this holiday season.  I will sit back and enjoy the holiday cards we do receive and not feel guilty that I haven’t sent one out in return.  It will be hard, but I can do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment