Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

The Hoodie




Ian has never once cared what clothes I buy him or how he dresses.  He is so not like Sam this way.  When we purchased our treadmill we received $140 in Dick’s Sporting Goods reward cash.  It’s very similar to how Kohl’s cash works.  There is no minimum needed to buy; you can get $140 in merchandise and walk out having not spent another cent.   A few weeks ago I went to Dick’s and got to the register with all my wonderful stuff.  I love shopping not using money.  I calculated almost exactly the amount I needed to spend with the exception of $5.  I was not going to let $5 go unused and grabbed a t-shirt on clearance for Ian.  When I got home and showed Ian, he instantly said he would not wear the shirt I picked out.  Similarly, the shorts I picked out for Jeff were so big that a whole basketball team could fit in there and still have room to play the game.  Both items needed to go back.  Ian said he would like to have hoodie instead.  Ian has never asked for a particular item of clothing before! 

I took Ian with me and we exchanged the t-shirt and the gigantic shorts for a Nike hoodie.  Ian picked it out all on his own.  He had a very specific color and style he wanted.  Maybe he has been hanging around Sam too much. :)

Since this hoodie has come into Ian’s life, he wears it every day.  Yes, Every. Single. Day.  Ian will have on beautiful sweaters and shirts and layer it with the hoodie.  The hoodie that stays on all day long.  No one even realizes he has a variety of other clothing going on underneath.  For all they know, Ian does not own any other clothes and only has this hoodie to his name.  I am allowed to have the hoodie for one day a week to wash it. 

Since Ian has been wearing this hoodie we’ve noticed that boys everywhere are also wearing the same exact hoodie.  It’s like he has twins all over the place.   We saw 3 boys, all about Ian’s age, during our weekend in Orlando.   I wonder if they wear theirs every day too. 

Each morning Jeff and I see Ian wearing THE hoodie, we each comment how we have to get him more to wear.  And yet another week will go by and we haven't expanded his hoodie wardrobe.  Ian doesn't seem to care.  He really LOVES this hoodie.    

No comments:

Post a Comment