Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

My girl is wicked smart

I need to brag. It isn't the first time and it certainly won't be the last. But I do think Samantha is showing early signs of genius.

I had purchased some stacking/nesting plastic cups Friday morning during a trip to Buy Buy Baby for more diaper dekor refills. I figured this would make a great, quiet restaurant toy for her to play with. And, since we were meeting Jeff for lunch in a couple of hours, the timing was perfect.

As suspected, the stacking cups were a huge hit and gave us a little wiggle room on what seemed to be taking a long time for our food to arrive. Or, maybe I was just really hungry, who knows? I figured Sam had to be hungry too and gave her some graham crackers to munch on. There were two sizes of graham crackers - a small square and a much larger sized square. The cups were currently in stacked mode and I put the small square cracker in the top cup and gave Sam the larger square in her hand for her to eat. She immediately, without hesitation, removed all 7 of the nesting cups to reveal the largest one on the bottom and put her large square sized graham cracker in it.

WOW!!! What brilliance at 13 months of age. I was seriously impressed. She imitated what I had done with the small piece and knew that her larger piece needed the biggest cup for it to fit.

When are applications due for Harvard?

No comments:

Post a Comment