Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

14 to 20 inches

Just like the motto of the Boy Scouts "BE PREPARED", my Toppall team is ready to go.

The news media does everything in their power to create mass hysterics and get everyone in a frenzy. Current predictions is the Washington, D.C. area could see up to 20 inches of snowfall starting Friday night and continuing through Sunday morning. This would easily put us at the top of the list for the biggest storm the area has had during the month of December since 1932, when the snowfall then only totaled 11.5 inches. We are talking some crazy numbers here!!

Yesterday morning, my darling husband got concerned about the lack of milk we had in the house. Not knowing when I would be able to get to the grocery store and still have adequate supplies of milk available to purchase, I went at 6:30am on Friday morning and stocked up on all of our weekly grocery needs. It was actually the best time to go because as the day wore on, the estimates on our impending snowfall just got higher and higher.

At some point during his workday, Jeff went out and got Bailey more of his dog food from this speciality pet store because not everyone carries this particular brand. And, while he was out, Jeff also stocked up on more rock salt to have on hand.

We are ready! We recently did our monthly trip to Costco and stocked up on toilet paper. We have plenty of milk, bread and peanut butter. I can make 7 nights of dinner and still keep it interesting. Not to mention, I've got all the ingredients for Ian and I to make frosted, sugar cut-out cookies.

And, to my good fortune, the house never got cleaned this week and we will have plenty of time over the course of the next two days to tackle this. It's always good to have something to do!

Unfortunately all the wash I had planned to do is going to have to wait. Ian's is done, Sam's and Jeff's is too. However, the washing machine started giving me an error message when I went to wash a load of towels. I called Whirlpool and apparently we need a service call to fix the problem. The dirty towels have good company with my clothes too as I always leave mine to the end. Good thing I have plenty of clean underwear and can lounge around all weekend in sweats, because it maybe days before I see a service repair guy at our house. Should've bought a Maytag. :)

I have to admit, I am a bit excited about getting a storm this big. It has been a long time since our area has seen something of this size. I am sure by the end of the weekend, I will be going stir crazy and ready to escape these four walls, but until then, I'll enjoy the time with the family and work on my snowball-making skills for snowman and of course, snowball fights.

No comments:

Post a Comment