Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Heard and Observed V

While watching a football game with daddy:

Ian: Why are all the players hitting each other? The players need to stop that!


********************************************************************************
As I was filling up Ian's cup with a juice box:

Ian: Look at all that crap in the cup.

Me: What did you say!?!?!

Ian: Look at all that crap in the cup.

Me: Ian, are saying the word "crap"?

Ian: Yes, you know crap...it's when you have a whole lot of something.

Me: Oh no Ian, please don't say that word. It's not a nice word. I guess I need to find a new version of a bad word to say.

*******************************************************************************

Ian told us his desire to start doing Shabbat on Friday nights at our house. He inquired about a kiddish cup, shabbat candles and getting a challah on the table each week. We were more than pleased that he is showing an interest in wanting to do this and happy to oblige. So we told Ian we would start that week.

Ian: No, not this Friday. I want to go to Glory Days to eat. We can start next Friday. And, I only like kosher when it is hot.

Me: What? Kosher when it is hot? What are you talking about?

Ian: Popcorn. I only like kosher popcorn when it is hot.

I guess this is something they served in his preschool as a snack. I hope Ian doesn't think that Shabbat dinner only consists of popcorn and challah to eat. Although, I have to admit, in my world that wouldn't be so bad.

*****************************************************************************

Hearing a thunk.

Me: Ian, did you fall down?

Ian: No, the stairs just gave me a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment