Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Uh-oh!

We've been found out! Our house is not that big and there are only so many hiding places to store the presents for the 8 nights of Hanukkah. My big mistake came in not wrapping everything as soon as I had a chance.

Ian had a friend over a few days ago for a playdate. He told Henry how excited he was that Hanukkah was starting on Friday night. He said he couldn't wait to open the GeoTrax and the CARS Racing Set. I heard him tell Henry this and I asked Ian, "How do you know you are getting GeoTrax and a CARS Racing Set?" Ian, with a HUGE smile on his face, replied, "Because I saw the boxes." WHAT?!?!!? My hiding place was discovered!! I told Ian that since he knew what the gifts were going to be, I would have to take them back to Toys R Us and return them. I would need to replace them with something that he hadn't seen, like broccoli and cauliflower. Ha! Ian quickly backpedaled and told me he really didn't see the gifts. He said that he just joking.

The gifts were being stored in our laundry/utility room. Since this room also has some major cleaning supplies/chemicals, this is the one room that Ian knows is off limits. I guess he figured his gifts had to be somewhere in the house and couldn't help himself. What a smart, little booger we've got on our hands. The only surprise is now what he gets to open on which night.

Happy Holidays everyone! Hope everyone has a wonderful Hanukkah, Merry Christmas and a fantastic Kwanzaa. May it be filled with fabulous surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment