Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

My little buddy

I am ready to admit this now.  I am still a little bitter over Ian not having full day kindergarten, but I am really enjoying my time with him on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.  After we've dropped Sam off at preschool, it is just the two of us until 11:40am.  That's a little more than 2 hours of some quality time together.  I try to book all my dr appts, run errands, go to my weekly weight watchers weigh-in/meeting, get eyebrows waxed during these mornings when I don't have Sam with me.  It's better for all concerned.  Ian has become my little buddy and regularly rises to the challenge of being dragged all about town.

After one trip to Costco:

I am in the midst of unloading the car;

Ian:  Here let me help you, it will make it easier.
Me:  Wow, thanks Ian. That is awesome.  Take this.  (I give him the lightest item - 3 cereal holder Tupperware containers.  They are empty! ). 
Ian:  I need some help!  This is heavy.

*************************************************
After my last Weight Watchers meeting:

Ian:  Wow, that was a quick half hour. 

***********************************************

Don't get me wrong, for most of the places we go, I bring the iTouch and Ian does a wonderful job of sitting next to me, happily being entertained either with his games or videos.  And I am enjoying the company and someone to chat to about everything that is occurring.  I love Ian's view on what is going on.  He is definitely my little buddy and I am enjoying the half day kindergarten that allows us to spend time together.  There.  I said it.  Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment