Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

You know, you can go more than once

One morning, Ian wakes up and I follow him downstairs.  Our routine is that we get him a big straw-cup of milk to drink first thing in the morning and then approx. an hour later, he has breakfast.

Ian on his way to the bathroom (for that first of the day pee after sleeping for 11.5 hours straight) sees me bringing him his milk.

Ian:  "Oh, I'll just wait to go after I have my milk."

Me:  "It's okay Ian, you should always go right when you wake-up."

Ian:  "Why?  I'll just have to go again later after the milk is gone."

I have no idea if for the past year and a half (since Ian has been trained at night, wearing underwear) if he never went to the bathroom first thing.  I can't believe this is something I hadn't picked up on before.

Wow, I am impressed with the size of his bladder.  However, I did encourage him to always go right away and not to hold it.

No comments:

Post a Comment