Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Weight Watchers - Month 1 (frustrated)

As mentioned earlier, I joined WW again and more determined than ever to make this work and finally achieve my dream of hitting my goal weight.  I will give a recap each month on how I am doing. So, how am I doing?  I am more frustrated than ever!

# of lbs looking to lose:  36.4

Week 1 - lost 5 lbs
Week 2 - lost .2 lbs
Week 3 - didn't weigh in because it was New Year's and a crazy week for me
Week 4 - gained 1.8 lbs

TOTAL Weight loss to date:  3.4 lbs

Total left to lose:  33 lbs

Being the optimistic that I am, I will first focus on the positive and be thankful that I did not gain 3.4 lbs over the holiday season.  I am also thankful that I am back on track and living a very healthy and active lifestyle.

However, this is where I am ridiculously frustrated.  This past week has been stellar in terms of tracking, making healthy eating choices and getting the exercise in.  In addition to following the training program to build up to 10 miles running (this week I had 3 runs at 2 miles each), I am also meeting a few of the Burke Moms to walk 3 miles each evening, and I am alternating days between a kettle bell workout at the gym and the EA Active 2 Wii workout at home.  So basically on any given day, I am doing 3 complete workouts. 

I am not eating the exercise points I am getting.  I don't believe in this.  But, I am also dipping into the 49 weekly flex points so maybe you could look at as if I am eating some of the exercise points.

If someone came to me with this exact problem, I'd tell them they are not eating enough and their body is in starvation mode.  I am just having a hard time believing this is the case with me.  Maybe if I was at a plateau or barely losing anything each week, but to be gaining 1.8 lbs?  Really?  I don't get it.  Each morning the scale is going up, up, up.  How is that possible when I have burned at least 1/2 if not 2/3rds of the calories I am eating? 

Honestly I can't do more than I am doing.  I leave the gym with no regrets.  I am religiously tracking and measuring everything I eat. 

I refuse to give up.   I will give this another week at the same intensity before I figure out what changes to make. 

Back to the optimism - Yay!!  3.4 lbs in a month is pretty good.  I shouldn't complain.  And since this is a marathon, not a sprint, I'll happily take a 3.4 lb loss each month.  That would mean I could hit my goal weight in 10.5 months (October 2011).  Now, I just have to stop the scale moving in the wrong direction.

2 comments:

  1. yeah can do it. Slow and steady - frustrating - but you know you will loose it forever. Rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said ann!!! couldn't agree more! keep up the positive attitude robyn!

    ReplyDelete