Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Plan.

I've thought long and hard about what I want to do to commemorate this year turning 40.  I now have a plan to put in action. 

1. Run (walk or crawl if I have to) the Philadelphia Marathon on November 20, 2011. Yes, that's right.  I am going for it. 26.2.  Oy!  I still can't believe I am considering this, but wow, what a feeling it would be to cross that finish line.  And, if you don't try, you'll never know if you can succeed.

2. Go Skydiving, ONLY after getting to my goal weight.  This could be the reward I need to keep me on track.  Jeff made me laugh pretty hard when he commented that I will fall to the ground just as fast with or without the extra 35 lbs.  But it will be so much sweeter doing it at my goal weight.  And as one friend has joked with me, the chalk outline of my body will be smaller. 

I am hoping that neither of the above items result in my death.  Because that would really suck.  I am also hoping that both will be achieved during the year 2011. 

I am excited, scared and nervous all at the same time.  I go back and forth between thinking I am crazy & insane and heck, why the hell not do this?!??!?!?  Registration for the marathon opens on April 1st.  I want to confirm that there is no cut-off time (meaning, however long it takes me, there will still be someone there handing out water and clocking my time) and then I'll register.  My fabulous husband is behind me 100% and ask that I only put the training schedule on the calendar so that he knows when to expect me getting in an 18 mile or longer (eegaads!) run.  And in a wonderful show of support he already added the registration fee into the budget. 

OH.  MY. G-D.  I am going to do this.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats - I think this is a great goal and I am behind you 100%. If you need a cheering section let me know I am there. As I have said before you are an inspiring women! Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I am in awe of your motivation! You can absolutely do it!

    ReplyDelete