Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Throw me a snorkel, please.

As some of you may have noticed, my blog had been on hiatus this past week - for a WHOLE week!  I think this is the first unintentional break I've ever taken.  From the get-go, I got into a groove and wrote consistently every other day for more than 2 years now.   My blog has become a way for me to unwind and document the day-to-day life has in store for us.  It's nice to know my blog gets read by others, but more than anything I love this diary that has formed. From time to time, I go back and reread past blogs and what life was like with the kids at those ages.  Right now, this blog is more for me, than anyone else.  Still it was nice when a few family members called and were very concerned that the blog hadn't been updated and wanted to know what happened.  As my dad said, "We were worried you went bonkers."  Nice, huh?

I am not sure what is going on, but I feel like I am on the verge of drowning.  There are way too many balls in the air. I've done (mostly) a great job up until now keeping them from falling, but I am not sure for how much longer.  I really thought that with Sam and Ian back at school, I'd have loads of time to get things done; leisurely at that.  However, this couldn't be further from the truth.  The 3 to 4 hours I have (up to 4 days a week, unless a Jewish holiday gets in my way and closes Sam's preschool) is being spent with me running around like a chicken with their head cut-off.

Now that I have the power to schedule things and go without kids in tow, I made this month full of drs appointments, dentist, getting blood drawn, and running various errands. I've also signed up to volunteer at Ian's school on Friday mornings helping out at the library.  It seems like my to-do list just gets bigger each day when one place I go causes another visit for follow-up later that week.  Oy!

I'm guessing I was delusional earlier in the month when I dreamily planned to go room by room and really organize and declutter.  Oh yeah, and this was after starting my kid-free time at the gym each morning.  Ha!  In the last 3 weeks, I've only gotten to the gym once during the daylight hours - I mostly try to squeeze it in before Jeff leaves for work in the morning. 

It's a good thing the kids are safely at school and not a victim to my insane to-do list.  But once you throw in our ridiculously over-scheduled weekends on top of an already busy week, its making for a very cranky Robyn. 

Jeff likes to joke when about a year and a half ago I went through this phase of feeling like we had too much going on, I just went out and bought a bigger calendar to have more room to schedule things.  Ha!  I don't think they make a bigger calendar than what I found and is currently hanging in our kitchen.  It had to be moved from the refrigerator to a nearby wall because it wasn't staying put with the weight of the pages.  :)

Here me now - I am going to do less.  I am going accomplish less.  I am going to schedule less.  I am going to be okay with that.  I won't need to borrow a snorkel long, just need it until the kids are in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment