Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Here a Frost, there a Frost...everywhere a Frost!

This past weekend we went to Brigantine, NJ for a Frost Family Reunion.  My mom's mom (Sylvia) was a Frost.  While my mom only has one sibling, the generation above that was numbered quite high.  Most of the family resides in New Jersey.

For those that don't know, Brigantine borders Atlantic City.  My Toppall team and I got a place in Atlantic City to stay.  I was excited to make a weekend out of the reunion and show Ian all the streets that he loves to buy and trade on the Monopoly board.  Growing up, I used to spend my summers in Ventnor, which borders Atlantic City on the other side.   I have very fond memories of the boardwalk.  Unless you are my sister or my mom, I don't think any one can understand my appreciation for Atlantic City.  A lot of people think I am crazy when I say how much I love this part of New Jersey -- or New Jersey in general, for that matter. 

The reunion was a wonderful party!  My Uncle David (one of Sylvia's remaining living siblings) hosted it at The Country Club in Brigantine.  I don't believe a reunion like this has ever been done.  There was a great turnout of relatives and I met a lot of them for the first time.  Many of the relatives I do know, I haven't seen in easily 10 years.

Check out Sam's expression.  Too funny!  That's my sister Lori, by the way.

The next day we had no choice but to get an early start, as Sam and Ian were both wide awake for the day at 4:55am.  How nice for us!  We walked on the board walk, went to a few arcades, met Lori and Ben for lunch and went Go-Carting!  Watch out when the Mazer sisters are on the track.  No one is safe.  My ride was cut short (because I didn't have two hands on the wheel) and Lori stood up for me. After a very heated "discussion" between the pier manager and my sister, Lori got thrown off the pier.  It was quite humorous.


Foreshadowing -- I didn't even have both my hands
on the wheel in this picture.

Lori and her husband, Ben.

Sam has got her hand firmly on the wheel ready to drive!

It was a beautiful day.  And we are already looking forward to the 2nd Annual Frost Family Reunion in June 2013. 


All smiles!

Now this is how you enjoy ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment