Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Top Notch!


A few of my wonderful mommy friends took me out to dinner to celebrate my birthday.  It's at the end of the month in case you were wondering.  Since I'll be gone for the next 10 days, we fit the celebration in before I left. 

Several years ago, when I was visiting home, my friend Amanda suggested we go to dinner at this  restaurant that had recently opened in Orlando.  Seasons 52 was its name.  Given the location, very close to where my dad lives, I said yes.  Wow, what a delicious meal.  Plus, they pride themselves on offering seasonal, fresh food that is not only healthy, but low in calories.  Nothing on the menu is more than 475 calories.  Such a great concept!

I got very excited when I heard a Seasons 52 was opening in Tyson's last year.  Yum-O!  So when I got to chose where to go for my birthday dinner with the friends, I picked this place. 

Susanne made the reservation for 8:00pm.  Originally there was 4 of us who could make it.  Susanne checked in and we started gathering outside the restaurant, waiting for all of us to show up.  At 8:10pm, we realized we were still waiting for Dawn and Susanne texted her to see what was going on.  Dawn's daughter was sick and she didn't realize how late it had gotten.  We proceeded in the restaurant without her and told them we were all there.  We got a table and sat down.

At the table was an envelope with card in it for me.  It was a birthday card from the restaurant thanking me for celebrating my special occasion with them. Nice touch!

After finishing our salads and waiting for the entree, the manager stopped by our table to say hi.  She said she noticed that we had an 8:00pm reservation, but that we didn't get seated until 8:15pm.  She said she wanted us to know that she monitors these things and because we had to wait, she will be taking all of our starter salads off the bill.  Seriously?? 

We eat the rest of the meal and its time for dessert.  One of the best things about Seasons 52 is how they serve their desserts in shot glasses.  I remember the first time I went with Amanda, I thought the idea was so cute, that I am pretty sure I ordered one of each on the waiter's tray.  They are sooooo good. 

Fortunately that was back in my glutting-eating days and I got to do that.  This time around, its the fresh fruit for me.  But its still served in the cute shot glass. 

Our waiter goes to put the check down on the table, tells us my dessert is comped (it's my birthday!) and gives us his card.  The next time we come to dine there, we should request him.  I don't think I've ever seen that before. 

I think this is as close to the royal treatment as I'll ever get.  The whole evening at Seasons 52 was perfect.   How could you not want to come back here again and again and again?   Hey, it beats making dinner at home, when you get treated like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment