Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Happy birthday to me!

Today is my birthday.  I turn 41 years old.  Yep, that's right...41.  I've never had a problem with getting older and am never one to lie about my age.  

Other than when I turned 30, age never mattered to me.  About a month before I turned 30 I got seriously depressed how far I was from where I thought I should be in life.  I wasn't close to having met The One, and I certainly didn't have kids calling me "Mommy."   But, once Jeff came onto the scene, we quickly made up for lost time and got to work on all those life events I found so important.

Anyway, back to today.  41.  Whoa-baby!  When did that happen?!?!  41 in my mind is definitely a grown-up...heck, we are approaching middle-aged.  I certainly don't feel middle-aged.  I don't even feel like a full-fledged grown-up half the time.  When I think of someone who is 41 (or anything in their 40s for that matter), I envision someone who is wise and has their act together.  This is certainly not me!  I am still learning something new each day.  I am still seeing things with a sense of wonder and getting surprised all the time on how the world works. 

I have a great time giggling and enjoy the simple things.  I like getting competitive and trying to outsmart, outplay, outwit my fellow competitor.  I am playful.  And I fully admit there is nothing better than some juicy gossip!  None of these in my mind makes for a mature being.

So go ahead, put 41 candles on the cake.  Even throw in an extra one for good luck.  But don't expect me to act like a 41 years old, because that's just not me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment