Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

My little gymnast

Ian has been taking a recreational gymnastics class for one hour a week, all school year.  A few weeks ago he was asked to join the pre-team.  The coach even thinks that by this time next year, he could be competing.  Oh my gosh!! 

When I first brought the idea to Ian to take gymnastsics, it was with the intent he does something to stay active.  He had done soccer both in Fall and Spring for a few years, and this was truly cringe-worthy watching him play.  While he had major enthusiam for playing, any kind of natural ability did not exist.  Same thing with basketball. 

Apparently Ian not only enjoys gymnastics, but seems to be good at it too. What a nice change!  By being on the pre-team, he will go from his one hour class once a week to (2) two hour classes each week.  Wow!  Talk about a huge jump in practice time. 

We've told Ian that as long as he enjoys it, we will support him.  But when it becomes a chore and something he has to get dragged to, we'd want him to stop.  We live in too competitive of an area that I fear Ian (or more likely, me!) could easily get caught up in.

Until then, it is very exciting and I am a proud mama.  Goooo Ian!  Projecting ahead, I hope summer Olympics 2024 is in Australia.  I've always wanted to go there.

Here is video of Ian doing a flip for the first time.  This was taken on April 30, 2012.






No comments:

Post a Comment