Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Checking in with the new parents

We've been skyping with Lori and Rachel almost every day.  It is not the same as being there in person, but it is very cool getting to see the baby in real-time.  She is adorable and I can't stop taking pictures of us skyping.  There is definitely something wrong with me. 
 
This problem didn't start with Rachel.  Since my first child was born, I take thousands upon thousands of pictures each year. I've documented everything from Ian's first poop (it was so exciting!!), to checking on the kids at night and finding them looking very adorable sleeping, to snapping photos while Sam is in the middle of helluva temper tantrum and every thing in between.  I love taking photos of the ordinary as well as the momentous occasions and milestones. Each year I do a separate photobook for each of them that spans that age (A book of them being 1 year old, being 2 years old, being 3 years old, etc). These books are the best to flip through and really capture them throughout the year.  My kids have given up telling me to stop taking pictures they don't want me to take.  I've won! 
 
Time goes by too quickly.  The years fly from one to the next and everything quickly becomes a blur.  I need my photos to transport me back to the day and age they were and relive those moments.  Without photos I won't remember as clearly and I will be lost.  I will always have a camera charged and ready to go.  Lori and Ben have so far sent out only one picture.  I am hoping they've been taking more and just haven't shared them yet.  I keep telling Lori it goes by quickly.  I am in shock that I am a mom to an 8 year old and a 5 year old.  Fortunately I have plenty of pictures from years 0 thru 8 or I wouldn't believe it.
 
 



You can see my Toppall team squeezed into the Skype box in the upper left-hand corner.
Sam likes to be front and center.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment