Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween weirdos

I have two weirdos for kids.  Seriously, what child doesn't want to get dressed up and go trick-or-treating?  I tell you what child...MINE!  

I loved Halloween growing up.  It was the best holiday EVER.  Oh what fun I had over the years getting to dress up and collect candy.  I loved coming back to the house at the end of the evening and sorting through it all.  Back in those days, your parents had to check to make sure there were no hidden razor blades. I am glad that doesn't seem to be a concern any more.

Unfortunately, there is no need to go through the kids' candy this year.  There is no candy.  Both kids chose to not dress-up or go trick-or-treating.  I am still not sure why. Ian is 8 and Sam is 5 years old.  This is prime trick-or-treating years for them!!!!  I must've asked at least 2 dozen times since the beginning of September what they wanted to be.  Ian and Sam stood their ground; they didn't want to dress up or leave our house.  They wanted to stay close to the front door and hand out candy. 

I couldn't believe it.  I was certain they would change their mind.  But they never did. I feel cheated.  I love trick-or-treating- even as an adult.  It is a great social activity going around the neighborhood with your friends while the kids run up to each door.  I am not sure I can transition to the next holiday (Thanksgiving/Hanukkah combo this year!).  My Halloween is feeling unfulfilled. 

The best was when I came home with having bought the candy we were going to hand out.  Ian and Sam got excited and wanted to eat a piece or two.  No way, Jeff joked.  He told them they'd have to put on a costume first in order to get some of this candy.  hehehehehe.

So bizarre.  I am not sure what happened to the kids I gave birth too.  Because the ones I carried around in me for 9 months most certainly liked candy.  :)

Ian and Sam on the lookout for trick-or-treaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment