Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Flu Extravaganza 2013

I think there need to be awards given to parents who come up with excellent ideas. You come up with a great idea and get nominated either directly by you or someone else.  Once a year (similar to the Academy Awards, Emmys, Country Music Awards, etc) an awards show happens and statues are given out in various categories.  I am positive my friend Beth and I would be given top honors in "How to make getting flu vaccine each year so much fun" category.  Seriously, this is one event we are not messing with on the logistics or execution.  It works perfectly as is each and every year.
 
It is now Fall 2013 and we've been meeting year and year.  We've lived through needing strollers to get the youngest from point A to point B.  We no longer need high chairs or booster seats at the restaurant. And we've most definitely survived running to the bathroom hoping to make it time because my youngest wasn't doing a good job of getting potty trained. 

If all else goes bonkers during the year and I don't get to see my friend and her kids as much as I'd like, we will always have "Flu Extravaganza".  :)
 
We started the evening at Rio Grande for dinner.  The waiter came over and asked what we would like to drink.  Kyle (Age 5) answered before anyone else could say anything.  "I'll have a beer." he said.  It was pretty funny and officially started off a great evening.

Then it was time for the flu shot, followed by our sweet ending to the evening at Ben & Jerry's.  With the pediatrician's office located at Fairfax Corner, it is a one-stop shop for all the places we go.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment