Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

House of Cards.

Ever since I discovered streaming, I've tried very hard to find a show for Jeff and I to watch together.  With each series I'm about to start watching, I ask Jeff if he wants to join me in this endeavour.  "Breaking Bad"?  No.  "Orange is the New Black"?  No.  "Weeds"?  No. "Mad Men"?  No. 

It sucks that we don't have any pop culture interest in common.  I hear of couples all the time that stream television shows together.  They get into the series and start binge-watching.  How awesome is that to have the one you love get all caught up in the action too!  Someone to discuss the character development and plot twists right there next to you! 

I was ready to start watching a new series. And yet again, I asked Jeff if he wanted to watch it with me.  "House of Cards"?  Yes.  Yes?  Really?  Yes.  WOW!  I couldn't believe it.  We made plans to begin the next night.  If it was me, I'd be ready to start watching then and there.  But Jeff needed another day to prepare.  Whatever. :)

We watch the first episode. Jeff says he can see the appeal of the show.  I love Kevin Spacey and am already hooked.  However, I love Jeff too and am willing to go at his pace on streaming these episodes.  Therefore, the 2nd episode will have to wait for another day.  Since watching a show together is a dream come true, I restrain myself and patiently wait for when Jeff is up for watching this show.  We average an episode every other day; sometimes we go two full days between episodes.  It is hard to go at this snail's pace, but I do it.  I do it because I LOVE my husband and that's what you do when you love someone. 

It should be noted that as we are watching each of the shows, I've leaned into Jeff (very lovingly) and said to him, "I love that we are doing this!  This is like a dream come true for me."   Ugh, I could throw-up now having said that.

We make it to the end of episode #6 and Jeff says to me, "You can keep going if you want.  I'm not that into the show."  Um, ok.  Watch out people, because I can stream like no one's business.  I could be in the streaming Olympics with how I am able to squeeze in watching shows on my iPad, iPhone or TV at home while also getting everything else done.

I am now taking my iPad to the gym and getting in an episode each morning and another in the evening after the kids have gone to bed.  I come to the part where Claire has turned on Frank and I exclaim out loud, "Ooooh, Claire just double-crossed Frank."  At which point Jeff goes, "I know."

WHAT!?!?!?!!?!?!   I pause the show and look at him.  How do you know this?  Because the last time I checked, you weren't that into the show.  Jeff says he went online and read a summary of the remaining season.  OMG!  I am not a happy camper.  Obviously he was interested enough to want to find out what happens, but not interested enough to want to watch the show with me.  Sooooo not cool.  And to think that I showed such amazing restraint not binge watching this show for close to two weeks. 

I am presuming that Jeff must feel bad at this and not only apologizes but also offers to start watching season 2 with me when it comes out on Friday.  Yeah, thanks buddy, but I'd rather keep watching at my own pace.  I'll be done with Season 2 by the time the snow stops falling.  :)

I've learned my lesson. I am not going to try so hard to find a show for us to watch together.

No comments:

Post a Comment