Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Passport photos

I've gotten a special pass from my wonderful husband to tell this story.  Gosh, if I didn't know him as well as I do, I'd think he was doing these kind of things on purpose to get to me.

There has been much talk lately about international travel.  Jeff and I are celebrating 10 years of marriage in September and I am hoping we can take some kind of trip over the summer.  Jeff is less hopeful that our budget will allow a trip, but I want to be ready to go at a moment's notice should a good deal and the ideal timing present itself. 

I recently checked both our passports.  Mine doesn't expire until 2019. I am good to go!  Jeff's expired this past November.  I told him to please get it renewed now while we have time on our side and not have to pay expedited fees if we need it later on.  I pretty much did all the work for Jeff.  I went online and filled out the application to renew.  I printed it out.  I gathered his old passport and got it all ready to mail.  All Jeff needed to do was get new passport photos.  I even googled a place nearby his office in Arlington that could take the photos.  The CVS right across the street from his office offers this service.  And the best part, I found a $2.00 off coupon for getting these photos taken at CVS!!  Does it get any better?!?!  Just wait....

Jeff got the photos taken.  We are eating dinner later that day and I casually ask Jeff, did you use the coupon for the passport photos?  I always expect the answer to be, "No, darn, I forgot about the coupon."   Jeff has had this happen many times before.  I find a fantastic coupon and he completely forgets he even has it.  Surprisingly I've gotten ok with that.  It's a small price to pay to have Jeff do the shopping.  However, what happens next is a new one I have never encountered before.

Jeff:  No, the coupon was expired.

Me:  No, it wasn't!!  It expired on 12/31/14.  I checked before giving it to you.

Jeff (Now going to his coat pocket to take a look):  Oh yeah, your right.  I thought it said 1/31/14.

Me:  HUH? 

Jeff:  I asked them if they would take an expired coupon and they said no.

Me:  OMG!!  You are kidding me, right!?!?!  Let's just say that the coupon was expired (WHICH IT WASN'T!!!), why in the world would you point out to them that it was expired?  Why wouldn't you just give it to them and hope they didn't notice?

Jeff had no answer.  At this point we all couldn't stop laughing. 

I am so ridiculously in love with this guy that all I can do is laugh.  It's a good thing too.  Book smart?  Yes, brilliant!  The absolute smartest guy I know.  Street smart?  Not so much.  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment