Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The chocolate bar story

It took me awhile to start eating my chocolate bar I made when we went to Hershey's Chocolate World during Spring Break.  For some reason I was showing major restraint in unwrapping my tasty creation.  The kids and Jeff were doing a fantastic job of regulating how much they ate from their bars.  In fact, to this day the kids and Jeff still each have at least half their candy bars available for consumption. 

Once I got started on mine, it took all of 3 sittings to devour and finish it.  And believe me, I showed some restraint in not eating it all at once.  Yes, I have a problem.  I can admit it.

The family and I went for a walk one evening after dinner.  When we got back home, Ian headed for the shower and I made a beeline for the 3rd and final opportunity to eat my chocolate bar.  I was still in the kitchen when Ian came down and said the following:

Ian:  The next time I am allowed to have a treat, I am eating my candy bar.  I just need one bite.  I can't stand it anymore.

Me: (feeling very guilty that unbeknownst to Ian I FINISHED mine and all Ian wanted was a bite):  Ian, if you want a bite, you can have one.  It's okay.

Ian:  Really?

Me: Yes, in fact I just finished mine!  (and then I proceed to show Ian the empty box in the kitchen trash can).

Ian gets his candy bar and starts to take a bite.  He then looks at me and says the following in a very calm voice:  "Mine is not gluten-free.  Don't you even dare think about it."

Hahahahahaha! Ian quickly did the math in his head -- hey, if mom doesn't have her chocolate bar to eat anymore, then the rest of us are in trouble.  This kid knows me sooooo well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment