Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

Nicknames

The other day I had raised my voice a bit to communicate something to Jeff and Sam.  I wasn't yelling or upset with them.  Nope, not one bit.  Jeff and Sam were in the other room and I had something quick to tell them.

I don't even remember what I was trying to say.  I guess I wasn't very clear and they couldn't hear me well.  Jeff replies back with; "What did you just call us?  Speedy and Cueball?"

As soon as he said this, we all busted out laughing.  Jeff and Sam sincerely thought I had just called them "Speedy" and "Cueball".   We must've laughed for a good solid 15 minutes.  Actually, as I am writing this now, almost 6 days later, I am still laughing hysterically.

The irony is, this would be the most PERFECT nickname for Jeff.  Not only does he have no hair on his head; he loves to play pool!  And the name "Cueball" gives him a bit of a bad boy edge to him.  Which as we all know, Jeff could use a little toughening up on his image.  He is anything but a bad boy. 

As for Sam, I can think of many nicknames better suited for her.  "Speedy" is ok, but my preference would be "The Loud One" or "Firecracker".

No comments:

Post a Comment