Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Heard and Observed #47

There is this little boy in Samantha's kindergarten class that is absolutely adorable.  He is outgoing, all smiles and says "Please" and "Thank you" without prompting.  I am convinced that Mikey likes Sam but doesn't know the proper way to communicate it.  Sam came home the other day and couldn't wait to tell me the following.

Sam (said very emphatically):  MIKEY LIED TO ME!  MIKEY LIED TO ME!!

Me:  What did he do?

Sam:  He said he was going to spank me!  So I went to Mrs. Parker and told her what Mikey said.  She went to Mikey and said, "Mikey that is not nice!  I don't ever want to hear something like that come out of your mouth again."

Me:  You did the right thing Sam going to your teacher. So how did Mikey lie to you?

Sam:  He didn't spank me!

******************************************************************************

A couple of days later we are sitting down for dinner and Sam fills me in on Mikey's latest thing he likes to do to her.   Mikey knows that Sam will only buy her lunch from the school cafeteria when they offer chicken nuggets or spaghetti.  All other times, Sam would prefer for me to make her lunch.

Mikey:  Samantha, today is chicken nuggets and you've brought your lunch.

Sam:  No, its not.

Mikey:  Yes, it is.

Sam:  No, its not.

Mikey: Yes, it is and you are missing out on it.

Me:  Wow Sam, it sounds like Mikey really likes you.

Sam:  It wasn't really chicken nuggets, was it?

Me:  Hehehehehee.  No, don't worry, it wasn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment