Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

It's time for a rant

....And from a page from Crazy Man's book, I've now been influenced enough by him to write a letter of my own.  This burns me up.  What about the customer always being right?  I am done with them. D. O. N. E.  


May 3, 2014

To the owners of ----- Cleaners:

I feel it is important to let you know why I won’t be giving you any future business.  Over the years, I’ve taken my son’s pants (many, many pairs) to get hemmed at your cleaners.  On February 17th, I brought in 2 pairs of the same exact track pants, in different colors to have tailored.   This past week I noticed both pairs’ hems are starting to unravel.  I ran in to ----- on Friday afternoon to see if they could be fixed.  I was met with resistance from the young lady who always works there.  She indicated that Ian’s pants had got caught on something and it caused the hem to unravel.  I said this was not the case.  There was no way BOTH pairs could’ve gotten caught on something.  It was in a weird spot to be unraveling.  The only way this was happening was the thread was coming loose, ON BOTH PAIRS!!   Then I was told that ----- only guarantees work for one week and this was 2.5 months later.  I assured her that Ian had worn these pants only a handful of times, at the most 4 times since we bought them. 

I asked her again if she could fix them.  She said it would get fixed if I agreed to split the cost.  Seriously?  I was not going to stay there and argue with her.  I took my pants and walked out.  I will not be back. 

I had been a good customer for several years, since you opened the dry cleaners under the new ownership and name.  I value the small business owner and do my best to choose them over a bigger chain.  I can not stay loyal to a company that does not provide good customer service.  I had never brought anything back to be fixed before.  And I’ve never once complained that work on your part was done poorly.  I had been happy up until now and never even questioned what I had been told by my friends were high prices for getting clothes tailored.  I am sorry to say you won’t see me coming back.  I highly suggest you do some research on the business model Nordstrom has made famous for handling their customers.  It’s too small of a town to be treating customers like this. 

Sincerely,

Robyn Toppall

No comments:

Post a Comment