Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Baffled.

After the last snow we had, everyone got their car washed.  It's just the thing you do.  Sort of like after Love Bug season is over in Florida.  The lines to get your car washed can be on the long side, but you try to pick an off time and do it. Last week I went after the preschool school job; got my car filled with gas and got in line for the car wash.  I was 9th in line and felt a small victory the line wasn't worse than that.  My friend Tami had texted me the day before and said she was 15th in line.  Yowzer!

Just so you know, when you are 9th in line, it will take appprox. 40 minutes from when you get in line to when you enter the car wash.  You have time to look around, take in the scenery and contemplate the meaning of life.  heheheheehe.  After about 5 minutes, I noticed that the car first in line was a 4 door sedan and their trunk was open.  Completely open!  Like if they looked in the rear view mirror all they would see is their trunk lid blocking their view.

Here's the really strange thing.  No one in line (cars #2 thru #8) told them about their trunk.  I find most fault with the minivan directly behind the car.  This was this woman's view out her front windshield!  What is wrong with people? 

As the gentleman is putting in their code to get the car wash started, I open my door and sprint past the 8 cars ahead of me and notify the couple their trunk is open.  They are shocked to learn this news.  Obviously they had no idea.  The woman jumped out and closed the trunk.  A minute later they enter the car wash and everyone moves up a spot.

I try to think the best of people, but seriously I have to wonder what is wrong with the human race that the people sitting in this car wash line had no problem letting this poor couple enter a car wash with their trunk open. 

Are we that busy texting, reading emails/ facebook, that you can't look up every now and then and take note of what is around you?  Or worse, you see someone needing a little help and you can't be bothered to help a brother out?  I am disappointed in the people I was in line with.  Shame on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment