Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Tales from the crypt

I've  resigned myself that that I am in it for the long haul.  Quitting working for the Crazy Man is not going to happen any time soon.  So let's settle in and get comfy.  Here's a little story to bring a smile to your face.

While the Crazy Man was on his trip in February, he met a magician.  I think the magician was employed on the cruise, but generally works trade shows in Vegas.  The Crazy Man considers himself a bit of an amateur magician, so I can see how he would want to associate himself with a real, professional magician.

There have been many phone conversations with this magician.  The Crazy Man has taken him under his wing and is giving him tips and pointers on how to make his business more successful.  The magician is not young (maybe mid-40's?) and seems to be doing just fine.  His big hook is that if you hire him, he will drive traffic to your trade show booth.

I overheard The Crazy Man on the phone with him about 2 weeks ago.  His suggestions included, but not limited to:  The magician should change his costume multiple times.  Apparently what he wears is nice, but not very memorable.  The Crazy Man said that Green would be a good color for him.  Another suggestion was offered to the magician that he should try to get his wife in his act.  According to The Crazy Man, people like to see couples performing together.

Meanwhile, he had me mail the magician a letter for the sole purpose of the magician seeing the outside of the envelope.  It was a business size, #10 envelope with a "Burn after reading", "Top Secret!" and "This document does not exist" stamped all over the outside.

I guess I should be thankful that this is the only thing that resulted from The Crazy Man traveling to Florida and going on the cruise.  The highlight of March was being able to gather all his tax documents and get it mailed to the accountant the earliest I've ever done in the last 3 years. This is despite him accidentally throwing away the first set of tax forms that came in the mail in February.  Yay!  And when The Crazy Man wanted me to call around to compare Michelin tire prices getting installed on his car, I merely found my research from back in October and was good to go. 

Crazy Man 0, Robyn 1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment