Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

Channeling Ian's inner Jefferson

I am in love with how Ian writes. I adore his thought process, his phrasing and his choice of words.  I could read things Ian writes all day long.  Maybe I am biased.  Heck, I probably am.  

Ian had some assignment he did while in school.  As an after thought, he showed me what he turned in.  He said the writing and typing took him 5 minutes!  And he was most pleased with his choice of font. I am too!

I scanned the note in and included it as an attachment.  But this is what it says:

Dear Mr. Jouett,

     Thank you for warning me and the rest of the General Assembly that British troops were going to arrest us.  I know it must have been an incredibly hard ride to ride 40 miles through the deep backwoods of Virginia to go to my home, Monticello, and then still go to swan tavern in Charlottesville to warn some more members of the Assembly.
   Your horse must have been terribly tired after that heroic ride of yours.  You are definitely a great horseback rider and a amazing man.  Once General George Washington hears about this he will know he can win the war.
  
     Sincerely,
     Thomas Jefferson


How adorable is this note???  I was so impressed that I yelled for Jeff to come take a look.  He quickly reads it and says, "Wow, Thomas Jefferson wrote this?"    Ha! No, but I admit it sounds like something Tommy could've penned. 

After reading what Ian is capable of, his thank you notes he writes as himself will now need to be taken up a notch.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment