Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

It's all about the prime!

My love affair with Amazon Prime continues.  Truly, you can get everything your heart desires.  And it will arrive in 2 days.  TWO DAYS, PEOPLE!!! It's pretty fantastic.

My cousin Leslie's son, Max (who is in 4th grade too) had a project for school that he wanted Ian to help him with.  There were two parts to the assignment. 1., Fill out the travel journal and send it on to someone else in another state to fill out.  It asked basic questions like, where do you live, what is the climate like, what is the area known for, interesting info about the area, etc.   Part 2., Send a postcard from the area you live in to Max's school, addressed to him.

What a fun project!  I briefly debated do we send a postcard from Washington, D.C. (we live only 25 minutes away and it is a much bigger tourist destination) or do we find a postcard from Virginia?  I decided Virginia is where we live, Virginia is what we will send.  Now I just had to locate a postcard.  Ha!  Jeff thought I could pick one up at the post office. Um, no.  I am at the post office way too much and I've never seen one there before.  Then Jeff suggested I should drive to the closest hotel and get one from them. Hmmmm.  Again, I am not sure the business hotels near us would have touristy postcards either.  I had a feeling this was going to be a wild goose chase.  Quicker than I could finish the sentence "Let me see if Amazon has anything...", I found exactly what we needed.  A pack of 20 of them to be exact!  And they would be here in 2 days.  How great is that!!  It was well worth the $6.86 to save myself from driving all over the city looking for a post card. 

Amazon Prime rocks!  I have yet to find something they don't carry.  And in just 2 days you can have it too. I love, love, love Amazon Prime.  Don't tell them, but they can keep raising the membership price and I'd still happily pay it. 

Here is what we ordered: 


No comments:

Post a Comment