Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

A big sigh of relief

It is over. I had every intention of giving a month's notice on quitting the sausage job. In fact I wrote a nice email last week and felt like I was doing the right thing in seeing my schedule through to the end of June. However, after working this past Saturday, something clicked in me and I can't continue. I feel horrible about moving my resignation date from 30 days notice to no notice, but I realize I need to do what's in my best interest.

Everything about Saturday's shift was a disaster. From the head of Theft and Loss coming over to introduce himself and letting me know this could be a rough crowd. If I needed any help, he'd be nearby. WHAT?!?!?!?!? Then, I had two tasters mess with me, not to the point I was in danger, but more like, can I taste 5 samples and make you think I am going to purchase 2 packs of sausage and then come back a minute later and throw the packs back on the table and loudly say, "I don't need to buy this, someone is cooking me dinner tonight." Normally, this would've never even registered on my nuisance scale, but on Saturday it threw me.

The icing on the cake was not even coming close to making my goal. Store goal was 36, and I barely eeked out 32 packages in sales. Jeff took the kids bowling while I was working and all I could think of was how much nicer it would be to be with them.

Jeff made a good point, had I had a great day selling sausage, maybe I wouldn't be feeling like this. But we will never know. I am done. I had a long conversation with my supervisor last night and she completely understands.

What a relief. I feel like I am getting my life back and I am looking forward to my weekends now more than ever. And big hugs to my husband for sticking by me and being incredibly supportive on my decision to not go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment