Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Getting all girly

Now that I have the pleasure of having a little girl, I can't resist putting stuff in her hair. I always knew I'd want to and couldn't wait for the day when she would have enough hair to hold a barrette or pony tail holder. Unfortunately Sam has other plans for her hair and refuses to allow a barrette stay in longer then the amount of time it takes for her to discover it in there. She is wise to me and will now randomly put her hand through her hair to see if anything is there for her to pull out.

Since I am just a little smarter than the 1 year old, I was finally able to track down some ity-bitty rubber bands and put them in to create tiny pig-tails. I put them in while she is having her first bottle of milk in the morning. She is too busy drinking to be fully bothered by what I am doing and then she gloriously forgets I did anything to her. It is wonderful. For the time being I am able to create these adorable hair styles and it gives the added bonus of keeping the hair out of her face.

I know I won't be able to keep this up much longer. Sam has her own mind and makes it known when she doesn't like something. But for the time being I am going to take joy in having a little girl and getting to do her hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment