Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Psychic Powers (aka I knew you'd be reading this)

It is a small, small world and I am always pleasantly surprised when random connections are discovered. We met a lovely mom and her 3 kids last year when Ian was doing gymnastics during the Fall/Winter. Each Thursday, Ian and Grace would be inside the room and the moms would be on the other side of the glass wall sitting on chairs watching. I got to know Kari and we exchanged our contact information before that last class of the session ended. Since March, emails were exchanged back and forth a few times trying to find a day and time to get the kids together for a playdate. It has been since the end of May that we last communicated and trying find a mutual date that worked was too challenging.

I hadn't thought about Kari since then and had no reason to either one afternoon last week as I was taking the kids to our friend Bridget's house for a playdate after camp. It was weird that she popped into my mind and I thought that maybe Bridget and her family might be friends with them. They have very similar family values (believe in a big family (4+ kids), very much into church, didn't do the preschool route readily, etc.). It wouldn't have been that far of a stretch for the two families to have found each other over the past 4 years.

No, Bridget did not know Kari and that was the end of that. Later that night an email comes from Kari to Jen (another mom, along with Bridget I met from my Burke MOMs Club) and me. Jen recently signed up to Facebook and Kari (one of Jen's friends) notices my name as a friend. She wondered how I knew Jen and invited us to all come together for a playdate. Jen used to live across the street from Kari before they moved to another part of Burke.

How completely random is that?!?!?! Bridget didn't know her, but Jen did. And, I hadn't thought of Kari or heard from her in months and on the very same day, she sends me an email about another mommy friend I do know.

It's stuff like this that happens that makes me believe I am a little bit psychic. However, my psychic powers seem to have the same sense of direction I have on the road getting from point A to point B. Apparently it got a little misdirected.

Got to love Facebook for having GPS and helping bring these connections to light.

And, in other completely cosmic-sort-of-wierd-psychicness gone astray: I emailed my friend to tell her I would pick her up at 6:41pm for the movie we were going to see (which started at 7:05pm). Not sure why I picked 6:41pm, just thought I would be a little quirky and as Ian says, "mix things up a bit". The same exact day my other friend Wendy was in the process of texting with a guy to meet up for drinks/date. Guess what time he said they should meet? You got it. 6:41pm. How weird is that?!?!?! Sometimes I do think there is more than coincidence at play.

No comments:

Post a Comment