Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

A vision in white.

My sister Lori is getting married in October. We threw a bridal shower yesterday for her at a lovely restaurant in Winter Park. It was a beautiful setting and the food was delicious. The wait staff and event planner at the restaurant went overboard in serving us and made sure everything was perfect. I found a wonderful bakery to make a gorgeous cake that tasted as good as it looked (think chocolate with peanut butter cream -- yum!!). We had two fun activities to do at the table - 1. using only various colors of play-doh make a wedding gown on a 6x8 card stock. Lori judged the top 3 designs for prizes. And, 2. On a heart shaped construction paper attached to a green pipe cleaner (to look like a flower) write down advice for the bride. Lori then read aloud each of our words of wisdom for her to live by in her soon-to-be married life with Ben. She can then take these 'flowers' home in the vase provided as a keepsake.

I even found these adorable, miniature black patent leather purses that opened to reveal a manicure set that made a great, useful favor; which had the ladies in attendance excited to put in their purse.

I wanted everything to be perfect because I know that Lori deserves this more than anything. She has been an amazing sister to me my whole life and I feel so fortunate to have been able to do this for her (along with my team of co-hosts).

To everyone who made the trip to come to the party and celebrate in Lori's pre-wedding festivities, THANK YOU!! I know it meant the world to Lori to have you there and it made my day to be able to include you.

I am close to feeling like the plane trip from hell to get here was worth the angst for how incredibly well the bridal shower was. Everything I envisioned played out perfectly.

Fortunately my other sister Meghan is only 17 and I have more than a few years before I need to host a bridal shower for her and take this flight again with 2 kids by myself. Although, now that I think about this, if Lori and Ben move as quickly as Jeff & I did on starting a family, I could easily be back in 9 months for a baby shower. Maybe so they don't regret their decision, I leave the kids at home with Jeff. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment