Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Part 2

So I was in the midst of wrangling Sam one morning, trying to get her pajamas off and change her diaper, when Jeff popped his head in through the door and asked if he could try. "Oh yeah! Be my guest" without hesitation the words flew out of my mouth. Jeff went over to the crib, picked Sam up and put her on the changing table without one bit of argument from Sam. He easily finished taking off her pajamas. Sam then laid back and put her legs in the air for a new diaper. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was no longer able to put her diaper on her laying down and here she was putting her legs up in the air to help out! I was getting quite good at it doing it with her standing up or completely backwards when she refuses to be still for me laying on her back.

For the record let me say, I had given up getting her out of the crib to get her pajamas and diaper off. It was easier to keep her contained. Plus, once she was naked, I would give her the clothes for the day and let her attempt to put them on herself. Once she did the best she could (and, she would get pretty far in the process), then and only then, she would let me help.

Jeff was able to dress her and do her hair. All the while, Sam was perfectly content and even happy.

This was unbelievable!!! I was in awe. I'm happy that Jeff didn't have to go through what I normally do most days, but still a little part of me was wondering what I am doing wrong.

Does Jeff have the magic touch? Is Sam just sick of me? Or, could Sam be daddy's girl? My money is on the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment